Intro: what's all this then?

Hello this is my first post in this particular blog thing. 

The purpose of this existing is to chronicle my research into dreams, dreaming, lucid dreaming, precognitive dreams, shared dreams, patterns in dream themes, nightmares, night terrors, and more. Occasionally I'll post about various books and articles on the subjects, but mostly this will follow data I've collected from my own dream journals spanning 2002 to present day.

I have been particularly obsessed with dreaming ever since I was about three years old. I had a very realistic dream where I was sitting in a beach chair floating in the Gulf of Mexico playing with a dolphin. When I woke up I told my adopted parents, but they were totally disinterested. I could never understand how I could seem to be in one place then suddenly "wake up" to a completely different place, even though both experiences felt just as real. I could never understand how this seemingly universal human experience was of no interest at all to the majority of people around me.

In 2002 when I was 12 I started writing my dreams down. Since then I've accumulated over 1,000 dream journal entries. This year (2021) I finally found a way to organize all this data and it is with a program called Obsidian. With this program I have been able to quickly see exactly how many times I have dreamed of a particular person, place, or thing; what comes up more often than not; and more that I'm still discovering.

One more thing to note about this blog: I am also an Astrologer and intend to use this blog to see if there are any astrological correlations to my dreams. Do I have more dreams during a particular season or moon phase? Do I have more action-packed dreams when Mars is out-of-bounds? I am still in the collection phase of this research (I need to finish transcribing my dreams for the 2nd half of 2020 and all of 2021) so I won't be getting to the Astrology of this quite yet, but it will happen in the future. If you are not interested in Astrology I totally understand - it is an entirely different subject and a lot to learn - but I will make the posts organized in such a way that you can skip over that stuff if you want. If you are curious, stay tuned. I keep hearing I'm a good teacher so I feel confident that I will be able to explain my astro-findings clearly even to non-astrologers. 

Anyways. That was a long intro. Thanks for reading if you did. If you want to learn more about me, my website is mmkelly.home.blog. If you have any questions at all about me, my dreams, my research, astrology, etc, don't hesitate to contact me. I thoroughly enjoy teaching and rambling about my special interests to anyone who will listen. You can contact me here, through my website mentioned earlier, or at my email address mmkelly[dot]astro[at]gmail[dot]com.

ALSO: while I am still in the data collection phase, I have a twitter account that shares random clips from my dreams that I find particularly amusing. You can find that at https://twitter.com/SomeWeirdDreams

<3!

Comments

Popular Posts